“Self respecting human being has nothing to do with the sorrows and joys, whatever will be the outcome of his well doings.”
“The torch of knowledge is to be lighted. The red colour of the flag symbolized the change, the revolution”
“Avail the facility of education to the down trodden Community for development of society”
Mission & Goals of the college:-
1. “Education for all” is the mission of Konkan Education Society and vis-ŕ-vis college.
2. The college is committed to provide quality higher education, particularly in science to bring about the social change in this rural area.
3. The college renders access to education to the students coming from humble background and the first generation learners.
Anandibai Pradhan Science College in the Bapusaheb Deshpande Educational Complex, Nagothane was inaugurated on 21st March 1992 at the hands of Shri Shankar Dayal Sharma, then the Vice president of India.Shri.Ram Pradhan former Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, former Secretary of Central Government and former Chief Secretary of Maharashtra State is one of the main patrons of this college. Late Shri. Bapusaheb Deshpande is the founder of this college.
Recently the college is Re-accreditated by National Assessment and Accredition Council (NAAC) , Bangalore by 'B' Grade.TheKonkan Education Society and the Anandibai Pradhan Science College has reached tto this stage of excellence under the dynamic leadership of late Honorable Adv. Datta Patil who was the President of the Society since1977.Adv. Datta Patil was also the former leader of opposition of Maharashtra state and recipient of most prestigious Savitribai Phule and Fatima Shekh Award for his contribution in the field of education from Shikshak Bharati
Now Shri Sanjay Datta Patil is Shouldering the responsibility as President of Konkan Education Society along with Shri Ajit Shah as Secretary of the Society.
To enable our students to be competitive in 21st century, it becomes impetrative to provide education about Computers and Information Technology, right from the school level.
The Konkan Education Society, Alibag therefore decided to open computer center in this complex to benefit about three thousand students of surrounding areas, which are from backward areas of this state. A well equipped computer centre has been developed in this complex.
The college recognized by UGC under 12(B) and 2(f) and we are getting the UGC grant in aid for college development BUILDING :-
College is accommodated in a spacious well situated building. The site is an ideal one. It is just on Mumbai - Goa highway and having pleasant, quite atmosphere. The Railway station and the S.T. stand are within walking distance. The present Science College is housed in the building owned by the society which consists of ground and first floor with two extensions . Our college has made necessary arrangements such as Principal’s Office, College office, Classrooms,Staff room,Ladies common room , Conference hall , Exam Section, Library, Reading room laboratories etc.
Separate laboratories are available for Computer Science, Information Technology, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. All laboratories are well equipped with essential instruments,LCD's , Projectors ,equipment's and chemicals and glass wares.
The college maintains a well stocked library with more than 7579 volumes of text books, reference books of amount Rs. 16,00,000/- and 30-35 periodicals/ magazines and 8 news papers.Separate UGC -Net Centre facility is provided to students in minimum charges.The Collage library also subscribes 25000 e-books & 3000 e-journals from INFLIBNET Ahmadabad , Gujrat , India . Library also Provides the space for reading room throughout the day. Library also issue the books to students for home reading.
There is a separate Gymkhana hall for Indoor games and a playground is available in front of the college campus. Gymkhana committee organizes intercollegiate sports competitions every year. Students are encouraged to participate in various intercollegiate sports competitions. We provide all facilities like cricket kit , table tennis table & other sports material to the students.WE also introduced Gymnasium in the Gymkhana.
Our students are motivated to participate in all University intercollegiate competitions like Cricket , Kho-kho , Volley-ball ,swimming , Chess etc. For last five years we are hosting the Inter-Collegiate Chess competitions successfully. College also hosted intercollegiate Fencing competitions of the University last year . College bagged the Gold and Silver medals in the intercollegiate Fencing competition
National Service Scheme (N.S.S.):-
We have 3 units and enroll 250 students every year.Participation in N.S.S. is an opportunity for the personal development of the students. Students enthusiastically participate in various community welfare projects and 07 days special camp programme in the adopted village. Our students had the opportunity to participate in University level, State level & National level camps through N.S.S.
INDUSTRIAL VISITS & EXCURSIONS :-
College every year organizes the industrial visits, Botanical & Zoological excursions according to the syllabus. Some of them are Chemical fertilizer industries, Ayurvedic & Pharmaceutical companies, Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth Dapoli, Agricultural colleges at Dapoli, Computer and Information technology institutes . College also organised an educational tour in state as well as in other states
COLLEGE CULTURAL FORUM :-
College cultural forum organizes various cultural activities annually. Apart from Annual Social Gathering competitions in singing, dance, elocution, debate, essay are organized every year. We also encourage students to participate in various cultural competitions organized by University of Mumbai, Konkan Education Society and other organisations from Maharashtra State. Every year college organised a personality content for students to Award Mr. & Miss. A. P. Sc. to talented , all rounder boy & girl Student
In addition to the Academic progress of the students we are also taking care of the personality development of the students. The following various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are introduced in the college.
1. Work Experience Project : It includes 5 projects where the students are getting practical/field experience of various jobs and work.
* Career Skills Development Education
* Status of Women Survey
* Information Communication Technology & Skills Development Education
* Information Technology Projects
* Industry Oriented Projects
2. Career Guidance and Placement cell : The cell organizes the lecture on competitive examinations, gives the guidance on various career opportunities and also organizes the placement camps in the campus with the help of various industries in the nearby area.
3. Science Association : The committee encourages students to participates in research activities and publishes science bulletin "PRERANA" every month.
4. Nature Club : This cell organises nature trails so that studens get aquainted with flora and fauna.
5. Women Development Cell : The cell works for the empowerment of the women in society.
6. Parent Teacher Association : The committee regularly arranges meetings with parents, convey the progress of their wards and take their valuable suggetion.
7. Alumni Association : Ex-students of the college gather frequently through this cell and discuss the various aspects regarding advancement of college.
8. Extra-Mural Study Centre of the University of Mumbai : Arrange the activity for assimilation of knowledge among the students of School and Jr. College.
To get the details of the activities students are requested to contact the respective teacher in-charge of the activity.